Guidelines for a smooth VISIT during COVID-19
You will be able to visit the Ghent museums and historical buildings without worries this summer. Book your ticket in advance and enjoy all exhibitions.
What measures apply?
- All museums use a reservation system as a way to give visitors certainty that they will be able to enter the museum of their choice and to limit the number of visitors in the different rooms. Book you ticket online or make a telephone reservation.
- In order to guarantee a safe and comfortable visit, the number of visitors is limited. The number of people visiting the same room at the same time is also restricted.
- We ask our visitors to not make cash payments in the museum whenever possible.
- Masks or breathing protection are mandatory from 12 years.
- We also ask our visitors not to bring large backpacks, trolleys etc. The cloakrooms and lockers will not be available at some of the museums. Check the information on the websites of the different museums.
- Check the websites of the houses and museums for specific information on opening times, safety measures and accessibility.
Remember the 7 golden rules:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Limit your physical contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in public places.
- Use a new paper tissue each time and dispose of it in a closed garbage can.
- No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
More information about the COVID-19 measures is available at degentsemusea.be and the websites of the individual museums.